Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Spring 2016 Update

A cooler, wet spring upon us here in West Central, AL. But the bees are working good, and it looks like I may be expanding the apiary soon. The three full colonies survived the winter and are going strong. The one nuc that I had an extra queen in survived, but I placed them in a larger box that a friend of mine made - so that I could give them to him - and they didn't make it.

In reality, this is my eighth year being a treatment-free top bar hive beekeeper and I am hopeful that this will grow into something beneficial not only for me but for others. This blog was started as sort of a log/diary of my experience, and I hope that it will encourage and influence others to pursue the wonderful world of beekeeping. I don't make frequent updates to this blog, as you can tell, but maybe in the future. Who knows?

Until next time,

May the Lord bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...