Weather: Hot. Scattered Clouds.
I got to inspect the hive that I cut out of the wall.
- Most of the brood had hatched & the cells backfilled with honey
- There was at least one queen cell on a piece of loose brood comb
- No eggs, larvae or new capped cells in the new comb
- I did not physically see a queen
- Bees were calm. They were chewing at the strings & some were tangled in the frayed string.
Here's a video of what I found.
- The hive is probably queenless or either a new (fresh hatched) queen has not started laying yet.