Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quick update - Another Split

Date: Sat, June 20, 2009
Time: morning
Weather: HOT & HUMID!

Here is a quick update on my latest inspection:

Hive #2 (split from original Hive #1)
A quick look into this hive told me that it's queenless, again. They have an emergency cell started, but the numbers have dwindled, so I may have to take action before long.








Hive #1 (original)
Still doing good. I did notice some dead bees on the floor. They were getting crowded again, so I made another split. There should be some full bars of honey within this month.






Hive #3 (new split from #1)
I made this split Saturday, from the original hive. It went much smoother than last time. This time, however, I introduced a Caucasian queen yesterday, that I purchased from a queen supplier nearby. I'll check in a few days and see if she's been released and how the colony is receiving her.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...